May 20, 2020
Dear McKenna Orthodontics Patients,
The following is a summary of our revised office plans to help continue your care and keep us all as safe as possible.
We are beyond ready to get back to work and see everyone that we have missed so much! We hope this letter finds you all healthy, happy and prepared to ease back into regular routines. We are all still coming to grips with the COVID-19 pandemic and the effects on our community.
As your family committed to “shelter in place”, the staff and doctors want to thank you for helping to
keep our families safer through your actions. We want to update you on our office, our reopening plans, and the steps we are taking to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients and team healthy.
During our downtime, our staff and doctors have worked very hard in preparing the office for reopening. We have held weekly zoom meetings to stay in touch with each other and review new procedures and protocols, participated in multiple educational webinars, collaborated with colleagues, expanded our PPE inventory, and made alterations to our clinical and reception areas with all of our safety in mind.
As many of you may be aware, we now offer Teledentistry services by way of virtual consultations and visits through our HIPAA compliant zoom platform. If you would like to participate please let us know! This is a great way for us to offer a variety of virtual appointments such as initial and recall consultations, aligner progress reviews, retainer checks,review elastic wear, monitor growth and tooth eruption in younger patients, and assess appliance breakage all from the convenience of your home without driving to the office.
We are planning to reopen on Tuesday, May 26th. Infection control has always been a top priority for us and we will continue to follow the rigorous standards of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the American Dental Association (ADA). We are monitoring the wealth of information from these agencies regularly to ensure that we are as up to date as possible to ensure your safety and well being and that of our staff.
Before You Arrive
- Please brush your teeth at home
- You must wear a mask to come into the office.
- We will send you a short supplemental health history form and an updated consent form to fill out and send back to us electronically or print and bring to your visit.
- Per state mandate, all visits must be by appointment only, no walk-ins will be allowed
- We will contact you to confirm your next visit and ask that you remain in your car and text or call us when you arrive. We will respond when it’s time for you to come in and would prefer that only the patient that is being treated comes into the office. A parent or caregiver may accompany a very young patient and should be present if you are here for a consultation appointment. Any family member that accompanies the patient must also wear a mask to come into the office.
- If you are late for your appointment, we will need to reschedule you as we are making every effort to limit the number of people in the office and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Your temperature will be taken by our staff with a touchless thermometer when you enter the office. If your temperature is over 100.4 degrees F, we will have to reschedule your appointment in 2-3 weeks. Any family member who accompanies the patient will have their temperature taken as well.
- We will provide hand sanitizer to use prior to entering the treatment area.
- Please maintain the 6 foot social distancing guidelines in the office until seated in the treatment area. We will be seating patients every-other-chair in the treatment area to maintain social distancing and have barriers present between the chairs.
- Each patient will be asked to rinse with a hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse at the chair.
- After your visit we will schedule your next appointment and give a reminder slip to the patient. Please contact us from the car if you need to reschedule.
- The doctors and staff will also have their temperatures checked and will fill out a health questionnaire at the beginning of every day. Anyone with a temperature or symptoms will be sent home and monitored.
- Wearing masks at work for the doctors and staff is mandatory
- Our office will be frequently cleaned and disinfected during the working day under our enhanced and extensive cleaning schedule that uses environmentally responsible cleaning supplies.
We are so grateful for every one of our patients, and this time away has only served to make us even more thankful for each of you. We are all one large family and this is why we are taking your safety very seriously with these changes. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding in rescheduling missed appointments and continuing your treatment progress.
We will do our best to provide you with the highest levels of service and keep you on track towards creating your fantastic smile. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us. We truly appreciate your confidence and trust in us and are looking forward to seeing you soon.
Dr. Paul, Dr. Michael, and our fantastic Team